Hansea and Munckhof join forces! More info
1. Who are we?
The website https://hansea.be/en/ (hereinafter to be referred to as the “Website”) is being offered by:
Hansea PLC (hereinafter to be referred to as “Hansea PLC”, “We” and “Us”)
Please do not hesitate in contacting us if you should have privacy-related questions. We promise to reply as soon as we can!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +32 3 544 33 70
2. Why do we have this Privacy Statement?
Every person (hereinafter to be referred to as the “User”), who visits or uses our Website makes specific personal data available. This may, for example, be the case when you send a contact form, when you ask for product information or when you apply for a specific job at Hansea PLC.
This personal data represents information that allows us to identify you as a natural person irrespective of whether we do so or not. You can be identified as from when it is possible to create a direct or indirect relationship between one or more personal data items and you as a natural person.
At Hansea PLC we take the security of personal data that you leave behind on our Website very seriously. Below we explain how we process your personal data.
We use and process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legal provisions. Every reference in this Privacy Statement to the GDPR is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 regarding the protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation).
Every User is informed about the processing activities that Hansea PLC can carry out with his or her personal data by means of this Privacy Statement. Hansea PLC reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. Every substantial change will be notified to the User. We recommend that the User regularly consults this document.
3. Links to other websites
The content of our Website may include a link, hyperlink or framed link to other websites or other electronic portal forms. A link does not automatically mean that there is a relationship between us and the other websites or that we (implicitly) agree with the contents of these websites.
We have no control over these other websites and are not responsible for the secure and correct operation of the link and the ultimate destination. When a User clicks the link, the User will be leaving our Website and we can no longer be held liable for any damages or losses.
4 Who processes personal data?
Hansea PLC is the controller and will solely determine or will determine in consultation with others which personal data will be collected as well as the goal and the resources for the processing of this personal data.
Hansea PLC has taken the required technical and organisational measures to effectively protect the personal data of Users against unauthorised access and use.
Hansea PLC is free to use data processors. A processor is a natural person or legal entity who processes personal data at the request of or on behalf of the controller.
The processor is legally obliged to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the personal data.
The processor will always act as per the instructions of the controller.
Hansea PLC uses the following categories of ‘processors’:
- Companies that we have called in for analytical objectives
- Companies that we have called in for hosting objectives;
- Companies that we have called in for administrative objectives;
- Companies that we have called in for communication objectives
Hansea PLC has entered into the required contractual agreements with the aforementioned data processors so that they use the same standards as Hansea PLC with a view to providing optimum protection of the personal data of Users.
5. Based on which legal grounds are my personal data processed?
In accordance with the GDPR, we process personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- On the basis of the execution of the agreements as agreed with the User or the performance of precontractual steps taken at his or her behest; or
- On the basis of complying with legal or regulatory provisions with regard to the management of the contractual relationship, in particular, invoicing;
- On the basis of our legitimate interest in sending information and newsletters to our customers;
- On the basis of the express consent for sending information and newsletters to prospects and other interested parties;
- On the basis of the express consent for sending communications regarding vacancies to a previous applicant;
- On the basis of the express consent for sending promotional offers (direct marketing).
6. Which personal data do we process?
Hansea PLC commits to only collect and process personal data that is relevant for the issue at hand and is required for the objectives for which it is processed. The following personal data categories are processed:
- Personal identification data (surname, first name, address and login data);
- Contact details (telephone number and email address);
- Electronic identification data (IP address, cookies and click behaviour);
- Personal data (gender, age, date and place of birth and nationality).
- Contents of communications (emails, chats, forms to be completed, etc.)
This personal data can be collected when you use our Website (for example, by completing a contact form) or when you want to use our services. Other personal data may be collected at a later time, for example, within the context of our after sales services. The quantity of collected personal data will depend on your use of the Website and the Website's functions.
8. What do you want to achieve by using my personal data?
Hansea PLC collects your personal data to offer every User of our Website a secure, best and personal user experience. The collection of personal data will be further expanded the more intensively the User uses our Website and our online services. Hansea PLC reserves the right to suspend or cancel specific operations if personal data is missing, incorrect or incomplete.
Data processing is essential for the operation of our Website and the related services.
The processing only takes place for the following clearly defined objectives:
- Following up on information requests;
- Customer management: customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, support, complaint monitoring and sending newsletters;
- Replying and following up on questions and suggestions through the chat function on the Website in a clear, pertinent and targeted manner.
- Following up on applications and keeping track of CVs and covering letters for future vacancies;
- Managing disputes;
- Protection against fraud and breaches;
- Personalised marketing and advertising if you have expressly agreed to this. In this case, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- few personal data items are also collected for statistical objectives when our Website is visited. Hansea PLCj uses Google Analytics to follow and analyse Internet traffic and the browsing behaviour of the User. Thanks to the results of these analyses, we can optimise the use of our Website. When you visit the Website, you declare that you agree with this data collection for statistical objectives as described above.
The User is the person who always supplies the personal data to Hansea PLC and can therefore exercise a certain degree of control. If specific personal data items are incomplete or seem incorrect, Hansea PLC reserves the right to defer specific expected actions temporarily or permanently.
9. Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data are only processed for internal use within Hansea PLC. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties except when you have given us prior explicit consent for this.
The data that you provide within the context of an application will never be disclosed to third parties.
10. How long will we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept for as long as this is required to strive for the 5 proposed objectives specified in article 5. The data will be erased from the database when it is no longer required to strive for these objectives or if the User exercises the right to have his or her personal data erased in an appropriate manner.
With regard to CVs and covering letters of rejected candidates, we will retain this personal data for two years at most with your consent. If a vacancy becomes available for which you qualify, we can therefore contact you.
11. What are your rights?
11.1. Guarantee of a legal and secure processing of personal data
Your personal data will only be processed for legitimate objectives as set out in article 5.
Personal data is collected and processed in a suitable, relevant and proportional manner and will not be kept for longer than required to achieve the proposed objectives.
11.2. Right of access
If you can prove your identity, you will have the right to access information about the processing of your personal data. You therefore have the right to access the processing objectives, personal data categories, categories of recipients to whom the personal data is sent, criteria that determine the data retention period and rights that you can exercise with regard to your personal data.
11.3. Right to rectify personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete information can be rectified. Firstly, it is the User's responsibility to implement the required changes to his or her 'User Profile'. Users may also approach us to make a request for change.
11.4. Right of erasure of your personal data
You also have the right to have your personal data erased in the following cases:
- Your personal data is no longer required for the proposed objective;
- You revoke your consent to allow us to process your personal data and there is no other legal basis on which to process your personal data;
- You have legitimately submitted an objection against your personal data being processed;
- Your personal data is being processed unlawfully;
- Your personal data must be erased based on a legal obligation.
The erasure of personal data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the erased personal data may continue to be stored temporarily.
11.5. Right to restriction of processing
In some cases, you will have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. This certainly applies in case of a dispute with regard to the accuracy of the personal data, if the personal data is required within the context of a legal procedure or during the time that Hansea PLC needs to determine that you can legally exercise your right of removal.
11.6. Right to lodge an objection
JYou have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data for ‘direct marketing’ objectives, profiling objectives or objectives that arise from the legitimate interests of the data controller. Hansea PLC will stop processing your personal data unless Hansea PLC can prove that there are imperative legal reasons to process your personal data that predominate with regard to your right to object.
11.7. Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the personal data issued to Hansea PLC in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (for example, an Excel file). In addition, you have the right to transfer this personal data to another controller unless this is impossible technically.
11.8. Right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example, when you have given it for direct marketing objectives.
12. How can you exercise your rights?
If you want to exercise your rights, you must send a request and proof of identity to:
or via email to email@example.com.
We will replay as soon as possible and no later than one (1) month after receiving your request.
13. Possibility to submit a complaint
If you do not agree that Hansea PLC, processes your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (for Belgium this is https://www.privacycommission.be/).